Saturday, August 24, 2013

Movie Review: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters


Rating: 4 stars

I'm a little behind on my read-a-thon reading because earlier today I went to the movies and saw Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

I thought it was a fun and exciting movie despite some of the changes that were made, I really liked it. I think they did a good job correcting the mistakes that was made with the first movie such as including the prophecy that should have been in the first movie.

You can definitely tell Logan Lerman really trained for this role, he was in great shape. He was also great as Percy. What can I say about Grover, besides the fact that he's great. There was probably only one thing I didn't like in the movie, it seemed like Annabeth's character and personality were changed. She seemed a bit weak and subdued and not as tough as she was shown in the first movie. Clarisse got to be the tough girl in this movie, I guess the movie couldn't have two tough girls. Even though I was initially disappointed with the actress that was cast to play Clarisse, because of how the character was described in the books compared with the actress that was chosen, however I thought she did a good job. Oh, and I thought Tyson was simply adorable.

Again, I thought this was great and I can't wait for the third movie. Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get made.

No comments: