Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Best Sequels Ever

Today's The Broke and The Bookish list had me really thinking it over. Because there are so many really good sequels I've read and a few that stood out to me as being some the best ever are:

(These are in no particular order)


1. The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon book #2) by Dan Brown:

This was just the best, it's full of drama and suspense with tons of twist and turns. This was just an engaging book.






2. Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery book #2) by Kyra Davis:

This had to be one of the funniest mystery books I've read and I just loved all the characters and the mystery.






3. The Lost World (Jurassic Park book #2) by Michael Crichton:

What's not to love? This one had even more dinosaurs with an even bigger adventure.






4. Harry Potter books #2-7 by J.K. Rowling:

Each story just kept getting better and better, it was hard to choose which one as the best sequel ever. So I included them all.




Books:

#2 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
#3 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
#4 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
#5 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
#6 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
#7 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



5. The Lord of the Rings books #2 and 3 by J.R.R. Tolkien:

These two sequels were exciting to the very end.




Books:

#2 The Two Towers
#3 The Return of the King



6. Shopaholic books #2-6 by Sophie Kinsella:

I absolutely love each sequel they're so funny. Becky goes from one zany thing to the next.



Books:

#2 Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
#3 Shopaholic Ties the Knot
#4 Shopaholic & Sister
#5 Shopaholic & Baby
#6 Mini Shopaholic



7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians books #2-5 by Rick Riordan:

I just can't include just one of these sequels as the best because they all are.



Books:

#2 The Sea of Monsters
#3 The Titan's Curse
#4 The Battle of the Labyrinth
#5 The Last Olympian



8. Kane Chronicles books #2 and 3 by Rick Riordan:

The action and adventure never dies down for Carter and Sadie Kane in both of these sequels.


Books:

#2 The Throne of Fire
#3 The Serpent's Shadow

4 comments:

Mitchii G. said...

I haven’t read most titles on the list but I do agree with the Percy Jacskon series. It was awesome, I loved the series to bits. Great choices. xD
Mitchii @ The AeropapersTop Ten Tuesday

Book Girl said...

Hi Mitchii,

I noticed on your TTT list you've read the sequel to Unraveling. I read the first book but didn't really like it but I think I might check out the sequel to see if it's better.

Have you read the Heroes of Olympus books yet? It's sort of a sequel to the Percy Jackson series.

lillylilac said...

Good list, I love Percy Jackson and Harry Potter as well.

Book Girl said...

Thank you LillyLilac,

I noticed that both Harry Potter and Percy Jackson books were on a lot of the TTT lists.

That's so cool that so many think those books are some of the best ever.