Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Library Read-a-thon, book 5: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings


I don't usually read a lot of nonfiction unless it's something I find interesting and this book has been suggested over the years as a good book to read. I figured I would give this a chance.

Surprisingly, this is also on my Classics/English Literature reading lists that I created. I have been trying to read more classic books. It weird but I actually enjoy reading those old books, they give you a different perspective on things. Which is why I'm quite excited to read this.


Book: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou's Autobiography book #1) by Maya Angelou

Description:

This memoir traces Maya Angelou's childhood in a small, rural community during the 1930s. Poetic and powerful, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is a modern American classic that will touch hearts and change minds for as long as people read.

No comments: