Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names

(Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)

I had a hard time keeping this to 10 names. Because there are just so many interesting and amazing character names out there. Putting this list together was fun. Maybe I'll post another list of some more of my favorite characters names at another time.

So, here is my list (which is in no particular order):


1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)


2. Precious Ramotswe (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)


3. Sherlock Holmes


4. Rachel Elizabeth Dare (Percy Jackson)


5. Bast (Kane Chronicles)


6. Bilbo Baggins (The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit)


7. Matilda Wormwood (Matilda)


8. Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)


9. Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)


10. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn (Batman)



4 comments:

Lynn said...

Bilbo Baggins (and the other Hobbits) - such great names.
Lynn :D

Book Girl said...

Thanks Lynn

Besides all the Hobbits names I also like Legolas and Gimli.

Unknown said...

I love the name Harleen Quinzel/Harley Queen! It's one of a few names where I love the real name as much as the alter ego name.

Also, nice choice with Bilbo. I couldn't choose from all the names in The Hobbit or LotR so I left them all out...

Roxy @ Story Envy

Book Girl said...

Harley Quinn is a total nutcase and both of her names fit her perfectly.