Thursday, January 23, 2014

Comic Book News: Comics being Cancelled, Lady Sif and more

It's been a while since I've posted any comic book news so here it goes:

** DC Comics will be canceling six books this April and they are:

- Superman Unchained (issue #9)

- Nightwing (issue #30)

- Suicide Squad (issue #30)

- Teen Titans (issue #30)

- Stormwatch (issue #30)

- Justice League of America (issue #14)


But they also plan on introducing two new series in April:

- Batman Eternal

- Justice League United


I can't say I'm heartbroken to see the new 52 Teen Titans being canceled, it wasn't a very good series. Stormwatch is the only one of the canceled series that I haven't read any of the issues.





** Lady Sif will be featured on an upcoming episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in February for the 15th episode. Jaimie Alexander will be reprising her role for the TV series.

I have lost interest in this show, I have missed the last four episodes but I will be watching the episode with Lady Sif. I think it would be cool if Lady Sif had her own TV series or movie. It would even be cool if they got rid of all the useless and boring agents on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (except Coulson and May) and added Lady Sif to the show.



** Last week, the CW network announced that the have no plan for the Wonder Woman TV series they were creating. For the time being the show has been shelved (most likely indefinitely) instead they plan to focus on creating a Flash series.

They gave the same old line that Wonder Woman is too "tricky" to do which is basically code for we don't think anyone will watch it, so why bother.



** In case anyone has missed it, there is a trailer for the Black Widow and The Punisher animated movie titled Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher. The movie will be released on DVD on March 25th. Here's the trailer:


No comments: