Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Book Girl Thoughts: I'm a Bookaholic and News About a Kansas City Boy Having to Take Down His Library



Okay, it's official. I am a Bookaholic.

This happens every time I go to the library. I just came back from the library a little over a half hour ago. I intended to return the last three books I checked out: Mad About the Boy, Deadly Heat and The Chocolate Lover's Club and planned to only check out one book but I ended up with 12. With 10 being comic books.

Not to mention I had already checked out three more books a few days ago which does not include I Am Malala.

I'm thinking about another Library read-a-thon and with three weeks (give or take a few days) I should have all 15 books read before they go back.

And since I'm speaking of libraries, I was wondering if you guys heard about the 9 years old Kansas boy who was told to shut down his free library. Spencer Collins had placed a small free standing library on his lawn and now the city had instructed him to take it down because it's violating a city law. These small free libraries have become really popular with people who want to share their books with others as well as encourage more people to read.

Early next month the city will discuss this issue and hopefully everything will work out for Spencer and he will be allowed to keep his library.

Well, that about it for now.

~ Book Girl

No comments: