Thursday, November 20, 2014

Throw Back Thursday: Mystique (Rebecca Romijn)


I know Jennifer Lawrence seems to get most of the publicity or is talked about the most in regards to the character Mystique. But in my opinion, I think Rebecca Romijn did a much better job as the mutant. She seemed to capture the personality of Mystique and she had more of presence on screen compared to Jennifer Lawrence.

Romijn's Mystique was just so strong minded, ruthless, cold and devious. Her confidence showed in every scene. I just think Romijn's performance was simply amazing.

Nothing against Lawrence's performance but her Mystique was too weak and emotional and didn't really stand out. Her acting didn't seem very good in those two X-Men movies and to be honest I think she was a total miscast. I wonder if another actress could have played the young Mystique better but Lawrence seems to be Hollywood's It Girl.

Well, she does have another opportunity to improve on her performance with X-Men: Apocalypse. Hopefully, she can transform herself into Mystique because when I see her in the X-Men movies all I see is her and not the character while Romijn was perfect in the role.

No comments: