Friday, December 5, 2014

What was the first comic you ever bought?

This must be the question of the moment because last night a friend and I were talking about this and over at one of my Goodreads groups someone asked a similar question.

I just posted a quick response to the Goodreads question but I thought I would expand on it here.

So what was the first comic I ever bought? That's an interesting question because like so many, comics have just been a part of my life either in books or as cartoons, TV shows and movies.




But as far as I can remember the first comic book I ever bought for myself (besides various Archie Comics) was X-Men #1 (from 1991). The funny thing is I've never read it because it's sealed up. It's the one with the folded cover (the Deluxe edition).

I can still remember going into that comic book store, it was really small. That store has gone out of business for some time. I remember the cover caught my eye (or maybe the fact that it was sealed) and using my own money I purchased my first comic book. Mind you this wasn't the first comic I ever got since up until then my parents bought my comics but you tend to remember the things you bought with your own money.

You would think as a huge DC Comics fan that my first purchase would have been from them. Honestly, I'm not really sure what my first book was from them I believe it was an issue of Robin.

I think it's good to remember things and I'm glad this question came up twice because it really is an interesting question.

Do you remember the first comic you ever bought?

No comments: