Monday, January 12, 2015

30 Day Geek Chic Challenge, Day #1: Stephanie Brown's Optimism and Self-motivation

I had been thinking about doing this challenge for quite a while but I didn't have it completely thought out, that is until now. This is my first Geek Chic Challenge and I want to focus on some of the things I admire or like about a character.

I recently started (meaning today) a 30 day Health and Fitness Challenge with some of my friends so I figured with this geek challenge I wanted to do more than just focus on how fit these characters are. Yeah there's going to be fitness but also beauty, style, skills, etc. that will work for us everyday geeks.

For the first day I knew I had to start with Stephanie Brown, the Queen of Positive Thinking.


Day #1: Stephanie Brown's Optimism and Self-motivation




The one thing I've always liked about Steph was the fact that no matter what she always looks at the brighter side of things and she never gives up.

Throughout her comic book history, Stephanie has been second guessed and told countless times that she wasn't up to a task but here's the thing about Steph none of that stuff sunk in and got her down. She knew she could do whatever she set out to do. Okay, some of the things she did didn't work out for her but that didn't stop her. This is why I think she's so cool.

I'm generally a positive cheery person but I have noticed that my outlook wasn't as glass half full as it used to be. Hence Stephanie Brown starting off this challenge.

My goal for today (and onward) is whenever I have a negative thought I'm going to stop and think of something more positive. It doesn't mean walking around with my head in a cloud avoiding things but also not letting things (or people) ruin my mood. It means (for me) accepting the bad things like awful weather, rude people, etc. and still enjoying the day.

Things aren't always going to go my way or work out for me but that doesn't mean that I have to sit around feeling down about it. I know there will be days when I don't have the energy to want to work out or work on a project but I'm going to motivate myself and get out there and do it.




Isn't Steph a great inspiration which is probably why she has so many fans. If you're interested please feel free to join me with any of these challenges.

No comments: