Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I am starting to lose interest in Star Wars Rebels


Why have I lost interest in Star Wars Rebels? I hate to say it but I think it's boring and the characters aren't very interesting with Ezra being one of my least favorite characters. I had been really intrigued by the concept of this show which features a small band of rebels trying their best to take on the Empire. However, I find the show to be really boring, repetitive and predictable.

I do like how they have incorporated some of the older characters: Yoda (well, his voice which I'm still not sure why he was included), Lando Calrissian, Wilhuff Tarkin, R2-D2 and C-3P0, Luminara Unduli (although she was dead) and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And there are growing rumors that Ahsoka Tano may appear on the show (many believe she is the mysterious character Fulcrum) but if the current episodes are anything to go by, if Ahsoka does show up her appearance would be used to boost this quickly dwindling series. There is also talk that Darth Vader will soon appear (in the second season) but I'm not sure I can feign enough interest in this show until then and it may not even be worth it.

So far for me there have only been a couple of really good episodes and the rest have been okay.

I really had been rooting for this show but it doesn't seem to have gotten any better. This show had so much promise but there is not a lot of character development besides Ezra getting more "skilled" with using the force. Why hasn't there been more information shown about the other members of the crew?

I am hoping the show will get better but for now it's just not very engaging.

No comments: