Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fashion Meets Comics: Laurel Lance's Red Print Shirt, Jeans and Handbag (Arrow)

I really like this outfit Laurel is wearing, it's so put together. It has a tailored feel to it even though it's only jeans and a button down.

Button down shirts are a wardrobe staple but sometime I find them a little boring which is why I like to find some in prints or bold colors. I like the print in this shirt because it's fun yet polished. And paired with dark wash jeans this outfit can even be worn to work (depending on where you work) all you would need to do is add a blazer and a great pair of pumps or flats. The brown hobo style bag is casual and still chic.




Although, you can't tell from the picture but in this scene (from Arrow season one episode five) Laurel was wearing classic black Converse gym shoes. But with this outfit you can wear just about any type of shoe from boots to sandals and still look great.

To recreate the look I found a button down in a fun print and for variety I also included a sleeveless top. Rounding that out are jeans and a cute bag. I think I did a good job with this one.




Red Butterfly Print Portofino Shirt   $59.90   Express (express.com) Online Exclusive





Spotted Pocket Shell    $35.00 (sale, regular price $54.50)   LOFT (loft.com)





Treasure&Bond Slim Bootcut Jeans   $58.90 (sale, regular price $88.00)   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)





Sole Society 'Tiffanie' Hobo    $69.95    Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)

No comments: