Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fashion Meets Comics: Tenten

I forgot to post something yesterday for Naruto's birthday which a lot of fans like to celebrate. So to compensate I featured a Fashion Meets Comics post with a Naruto character.


I like Tenten, with the way she's shown I would consider her a feminist. She's out spoken and very independent but she fully supports each and every member of the team she's on, Team Gai.

Being a weapons expert ninja requires a lot of knowledge as well as the ability to use each item. She's smart, level headed and a great fighter but she does have a tendency to become frustrated by the crazy antics of her sensei Gai and her teammate Rock Lee.

Now as for her clothes, she wore a white mid length sleeved Chinese inspired blouse with a burgundy trim. While her ankle length tapered cuff pants were in a puffy/harem style with cut outs on the side which she covers with bandage wraps. The surprising thing is her open toe mules, I guess she uses her chakra to keep them on while in a fight. Otherwise they would seem impractical for a ninja.



I was inspired to see if I could re-create the outfit using the white and burgundy color scheme. I found a mid-length sleeve blouse and a pair of really cute cropped burgundy pants.





Zip Front Crepe Blouse   $39.90    Express (express.com)




Amuse Society Atwood Trouser Pants   $42.00 (sale, regular price $69.50)   LuLu's (lulus.com)

No comments: