Thursday, October 1, 2015

TV Round Up: Fall TV


Ah, the joy of having a day off. I spent a good portion of the day getting caught up some of the new Fall TV shows (Rosewood, Blindspot and Minority Report) and two old favorites (The Big Bang Theory and Castle). My reviews cover the current two episodes of each series in this post.

I still have to watch the Muppets but I'm also excited for the new season of Sleepy Hollow which premieres tonight. Those shows will be in the next Fall TV Round Up.


The Big Bang Theory  Mondays  8:00 PM  CBS

Rating: 5 stars

Okay, I'll be honest I never thought Leonard and Penny would actually get married but I'm glad they did because it's going to add another dimension to the series. Are they going to eventually move into Penny's apartment or continue to live separately? Where ever they end up, I highly doubt Sheldon will move out, since technically he lived there first.

Something, I am still surprised about was Sheldon was thinking about wanting to marry Amy (season 8 finale). But since Amy broke up with him before he could ask her, he's now acting even more loonier than ever instead of telling her how he felt about her. Well, I guess it wouldn't be Sheldon if he actually told Amy how he really felt.

This show is still one of my Must Watch Shows.



Rosewood   Wednesdays  8:00 PM  FOX

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

I like this show it's like a cross between Psych and House with Dr. Beaumont Rosewood Jr. being an annoying yet lovable pest as he helps the police solve crimes. So far I'm still waiting on Dr. Rosewood and Detective Annalise Villa to have more chemistry. Because the edges are still pretty rough with them trying to get along and work together.

I'm going to continue watching this series because I like the characters and the mysteries are interesting and it seems like it's gearing up to be a good series.



Castle  Mondays  10:00 PM ABC

Rating: 5 stars

This new season started out with newly appointed Captain Kate Beckett dealing with extreme danger as she found herself being hunted by a mercenary squad. That left Castle, Alexis, Esposito and Ryan trying to play catch up as they attempt to not only find her but also to figure out what was going on.

Those first two episodes were interesting but I feel like Kate's obsession is either going get her killed or someone close to her.  



Blindspot   Mondays  10:00 NBC

Rating: 5 stars

This is a good show. It's a fast-paced thriller that follows a woman given the name Jane Doe who is covered in tattoos and has no idea who she is. But thanks to her tattoos she is now assisting the FBI as the tattoos lead them to clues to possible crimes.

There are moments when she will get random glimpses of her memory but it's not enough for her to determine who she is. There is a possibility that Jane may be connected to agent Kurt Weller but as Jane gathers more memories she's not so sure she's one of the good guys.

It will be interesting to see who Jane really is because there so much about her that doesn't make sense. I can't wait to see the next episode.



Minority Report   Mondays  9:00 PM  Fox

Rating: 5 stars

I really like this show, it's set in the future where crime has been mostly thwarted by the Government's use of three psychic siblings, older sister Agatha and twin brothers Dash and Arthur. They were used to predict future crimes for years but when that project no longer seemed to work it was shut down. Years later one of those children Dash now as an adult was tired of all of those horrible vision he had seen over the years and decided to see if he could help stop them. He went to police detective Lara Vega to see if she could solve the latest crimes that he saw.

This turned into an interesting partnership of sort between them but it also may put both of them in danger especially Dash. If someone finds out about Dash, him and his brother and sister could possibly wind up back in another program against their will or something much worse.

I've never seen the Minority Report movie, so I had no prior knowledge as to what this show was about. I had seen the trailers for this show and was curious about it. I'm totally glad I watched this, I can see this show turning into a new favorite.

No comments: