Saturday, December 26, 2015

Fashion Meets Comics: Blueberry Muffin


I was inspired by my favorite fictional bookworm Blueberry Muffin (from Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures) to create an outfit.

I decided not to try to copy the outfit but instead put together something that could work for the fall and winter. By doing that I decided to go with pants instead of a skirt and replaced her cardigan with a fleece hoodie. I also omitted the pinkish/purple accents to focus just on the blues and green of her outfit. Inspired by the striped tights, I applied it to the shirt and added the green as a scarf.

Last, but not least I found a really cute headband to pull the outfit together.


L. Erickson Charmeuse Head Wrap     $32.00    Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)





Essential Fleece Hoodie     $31.96 (sale, regular price $39.95)    Gap (gap.com)





Women's Woven Scarf Merona    $16.99    Target (target.com)




Chevron Stripe High/Low Tee     $39.50    Banana Republic (bananarepublic.gap.com)




Walking in Memphis Navy Blue Corduroy Flair Pants    $62.00 (sale, regular price $78.00)   LuLu's (lulus.com)

No comments: