Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Five Archie Comics' Characters I Wish Had Their Own Comic Book Series



I am not embarrassed to say that I am a huge fan of Archie Comics, you should see all the boxes of comics that I have. But that's not why I'm writing this post. I'm writing because as much as I love reading Archie Comics I wish there were even more of them.

And now that the company has gotten a huge boost from the All-New Archie series and the All-New Jughead series, I think it would be nice if they offered fans even more. There is some good news to report, there will be a new Betty & Veronica series out sometime later this year. It will be written and illustrated by Adam Hughes. Kevin Keller will also be getting a new series and it will be written and illustrated by Dan Parent. In the new series, Kevin will be a little older trying to make his way in the world. I am so looking forward to reading both of those new series.

With that said, there are five Archie Comics' characters I wish had a series:


1. Sabrina, The Teenage Witch


I'm not sure how Sabrina will fit into this All-New Archie Universe but I think it would be fun to see her. However, I would prefer if it was cheerful, fun and light-hearted instead of dark and gritty. It would be a great alternative for fans who are looking for something different than the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. And the series must still include lots of magic.  



2. Chuck and Nancy



I would love it if there was a Chuck and Nancy comic book series. I always liked Chuck Clayton and Nancy Woods but I always felt like they never really got a chance to shine especially Nancy. I love that these long time sweethearts are both into the arts with Chuck drawing and creating comics while Nancy is a painter. 



3. Reggie


Reggie Mantle is a world class jerk but it's so much fun to watch him fall flat on his face especially after one of his pranks backfire. This egotistical ladies man has been trying to show up Archie for years and he's just the character to relish having his own series.



4. Midge and Moose


It's it about time Midge Klump and Moose Mason share in some of the spotlight. I'm sure there is more to Moose than being the big dumb jock and Midge is more than just his girlfriend. With their own series writers can add more depth to their characters.



5. Ethel


Ethel Muggs always struck me as geek girl who had all of these interesting aspects to her character but all was shown was her big crush on Jughead. Giving Ethel her own series would be just what this character needs including giving her a new love interest.


I'm so glad that Archie Comics has started to become popular again. For some reason, some fans had started to lose interest in the company's comic books. As for me, I have been a fan from the moment I bought my first Betty & Veronica comic when I was a little girl. I hope that with time they will introduce more series because I think it would be great to see different characters leading their own series.

No comments: