Sunday, May 8, 2016

Free Comic Book Day 2016


For those who were unaware, yesterday was Free Comic Book Day and it was a lot of fun.

By the time I got to my local comic book store it was already packed with customers and cosplayers. As soon as I walked into the store, there were people lined up everywhere. I knew as soon as I made my way over to the free comic section that some of the books were going to be gone. Below were six books I was able to pick up.


Since I'm an old hat at this, I didn't really look around at the other items on the shelves because I'm there on a weekly basis anyway. However, I did check out the discount section and found a few gems. Everything in this picture below (except for The Arcane Awakening comic, that I bought from the writer) were for 25 cent each.


After checking out the discount section, I stopped by some of the booths that were in the store. As I mentioned above, I bought The Arcane Awakening (and got it autographed) from the author Dominic Riggio (below).


Then I moved over to Dan Dougherty booth and got a free "Beardo volume #1: The Art Degree Guarantee" book and bought a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars crossover artwork.



I didn't get a chance to buy anything from artist Terrell Culbert (below), his line was really long. I wish I did because his artwork is amazing.


All in all I would say it was a good day, I got some free comics and met a few artists and writers. Each year it seems to get bigger and better. I'm already looking forward to next year, they are starting to feel like mini comic cons.

I hope everyone had a great time yesterday at Free Comic Book Day and will have a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: