Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A New Goal: To Watch All The Movies I Bought But Haven't Watched!


I few weeks ago I organized and decluttered the Marie Kondo way after reading the book Spark Joy. One area I didn't bother to deal with at the time were my DVDs/Blu-rays because I knew I wasn't going to get rid of any of them. But since then I have been wondering how many I actually had. However, I still have no desire to count all of my movies and TV shows.

Since I've been on this Essentials Only Challenge, I've cut back on buying new movies. The only movie I bought has been Zootopia. An adding yet another movie to an already oversized collection gave me pause. So, the other day, I went through all my movies and pulled out all the ones I bought and haven't watched, many of them were even still sealed up. The grand total came to 104 134 (Update: I found a few more movies I forgot I had). Which may seem like a lot but it's a small percentage when you compare it to my entire collection. However, I still can't believe I had that many? You can see why I'm taking the challenge because I need to watch the movies I have instead of buying more.

Out of the 104 134, many of the movies I've seen before, be it in the theatre, on cable, on Netflix, etc. I'm trying to decide if I should watched them again. They do count as I bought them but have not watched them.

My goal is to watch at least one or two a day and with today being my day off, I already watched No Strings Attached. I bought that movie when it first came out on DVD back in 2011. After watching it, I thought it was a really cute movie and I wished I had watched it sooner. As I'm writing this post and my Book of Interest post, I started watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Although, I've seen this movie so many times, I've never watched the one I bought and not to mention it was still sealed.

So from Ant-Man to Zootopia, I have more than enough movies to watch. To anyone else who has a bunch of movies you haven't watched, please watch them and don't let them pile up.

No comments: