Friday, August 12, 2016

Lois Lane Friday: Gwenda Bond writing a third novel for the Lois Lane book series



There is some good news for Lois Lane fans, author Gwenda Bond will be releasing a third book in the Lois Lane young adult novel series. It will be titled Lois Lane: Triple Threat and like the previous two books will be published by Switch Press.

According to the press release, Beth Brezenoff, who is the Editorial Director of Capstone/Switch Press said that "the critical and fan response to Lois Lane: Fallout and Lois Lane: Double Down has exceeded our expectations and we are excited to continue the series with Triple Threat". Brezenoff also said that “book three will further Lois’s relationship with SmallvilleGuy and bring her deeper into the crime filled underbelly of Metropolis – readers will love what Gwenda Bond has come up with.

I'm really look forward to reading the third book which will not be available until May 1, 2017 (but you can pre-order it). Lois Lane has been one of my favorite characters every since I was a kid and saw the first Superman movie on TV. I always thought Lois embodied so much strength of character and she risk her life on a daily basis to seek out the truth. She uses her words to fight crime and help those whose voices can not be heard. I always felt like Lois doesn't need to have powers to be a hero. To many fans she already is.

As of yet, no official cover art has been released except for this image below but as soon as one is released I will post it. I'm so thrilled these Lois Lane books are doing well with readers. I wish Gwenda Bond even more success with the third book. Which is why I love the response that the author gave: "I can’t overstate what an honor it is to be part of Lois Lane’s history and tell stories about her for a new audience. I’m also extremely grateful for the support of the fans of the books and the character – you’re the reason I get to keep doing this and so thank you all!"

No comments: