Tuesday, September 27, 2016

DVD Tuesday: Central Intelligence, Warcraft and The Shallows

Here are three new releases that I'm interested in: Central Intelligence, Warcraft and The Shallows. I love watching movies just as much as I love reading books but I don't always get a chance to see them when they're actually in the theater. So I wait for when they're out on DVD/Blu-ray.

The trailer for Central Intelligence looks like it's going to be fun to watch. Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson, kind of hard to go wrong with that combination. As for Warcraft I've never played the World of Warcraft game which leaves me with no knowledge of what going on other than what I see in the trailer. I know this movie wasn't necessarily a fan favorite, I remember hearing about how much some fans despised this movie. However, I'm willing to give it chance to see if it's any good. For the last movie, The Shallows it seems interesting despite the mixed reviews I've seen and the fact that I'm tired of seeing sharks being shown as monsters and villains. What can I say I like sharks.

These are the three I'm going to try to pick up, are there any movies you're picking up this week?



Central Intelligence


Description:

Bullied as a teen for being overweight, Bob Stone (Dwayne Johnson) shows up to his high school reunion looking fit and muscular. While there, he finds Calvin Joyner (Kevin Hart), a fast-talking accountant who misses his glory days as a popular athlete. Stone is now a lethal CIA agent who needs Calvin's number skills to help him save the compromised U.S. spy satellite system. Together, the former classmates encounter shootouts, espionage and double-crosses while trying to prevent worldwide chaos







Warcraft


Description:

Looking to escape from his dying world, the orc shaman Gul'dan utilizes dark magic to open a portal to the human realm of Azeroth. Supported by the fierce fighter Blackhand, Gul'dan organizes the orc clans into a conquering army called the Horde. Uniting to protect Azeroth from these hulking invaders are King Llane, the mighty warrior Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel) and the powerful wizard Medivh. As the two races collide, leaders from each side start to question if war is the only answer.








The Shallows


Description:

Still reeling from the loss of her mother, medical student Nancy Adams (Blake Lively) travels to a secluded beach for some much-needed solace. Despite the danger of surfing alone, Nancy decides to soak up the sun and hit the waves. Suddenly, a great white shark attacks, forcing her to swim to a giant rock for safety. Left injured and stranded 200 yards from shore, the frightened young woman must fight for her life as the deadly predator circles her in its feeding ground.



No comments: