Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Non-Canon Couples Week: Day #3: Terry McGinnis and Maxine Gibson

Terry McGinnis and Maxine "Max" Gibson are yet another couple I wish were canon. They would have been great together and whenever I watch the Batman Beyond animated series all I can think is wasted romantic potential.


I never thought Dana Tan and Melanie Walker (a.k.a Ten of the Royal Flush Gang) were very good love interest. I felt like Dana and Terry were so over yet they kept going back to each other after they break up out of habit. Meanwhile, Ten manipulated and used Terry whenever she could, no real love there.

Meanwhile, Max was awesome, she was a good friend and plus her and Terry had great chemistry. After a while in the series he was spending more time with her than any one else besides Bruce Wayne. I saw various sparks of interests between them and not to mention there were so many moments in the series where Terry and Max's relationship went way pass friendship. Take for instance, when she was kidnapped by Zander in Curse of the Kobra (season 3 episodes 8 and 9) he went out of his way trying to get her back including cracking a few of his ribs in a losing effort. However, when Dana was kidnapped by Patrick in Rats (season 2 episode 9) the urgency wasn't really there on Terry's part. I have always wondered why he was more worried for his best friend than his girlfriend?

Anyway, I think Max and Terry would have been perfectly Schway (yes, I did toss that in there) together. They just never got the opportunity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what episode is that clip from

Book Girl said...

Hi thank you for commenting, that clip is from Batman Beyond season 2 episode 10.