Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fashion Meets Comics: 4 Penny Hofstadter Outfits (The Big Bang Theory)

I know technically Penny is not a comic book character but she is on a show that centers around geek culture which in my book still counts. And since I always wanted to do a Fashion Meets Comics for the characters of The Big Bang Theory I figure why not start with the most fashionable one out of the group a.k.a. Penny Hofstadter.


Out of all the characters on the show, Penny's wardrobe is the one that's changed the most. I love that it grew up along with her because she went from wearing sexy sometimes skimpy clothing to her standard effortless chic "uniform" of skinny jeans, cute tops and flats. She can also be seen on occasion wearing dresses that are sexy but have a more sophisticated vibe. However, one thing that did not change was the use of color but now it's incorporated with lace and prints.


Everything about Penny's wardrobe is easy to wear and I made a point of finding clothes that gave off that effortless look. I was so inspired by her style that I ended up creating four outfits. Let me know if I did or did not succeed on this Fashion Meets Comics post.




Outfit #1

Geo Split Neck Flutter Top                $54.50               LOFT (loft.com)


HIGH STRETCH 1969 True Skinny Jeans                 $89.95               Gap (gap.com)





Outfit #2

Embroidered Ballet Neck Tee                        $29.50                      LOFT (loft.com)


Ultra Stretch Jeans in Gray                      $9.90 (sale, regular price $39.90)         UNIQLO (uniqlo.com)





Outfit #3


Plaid Pintuck Popover Top                 $54.95                         Gap (gap.com)


Original Skinny Jeans                     $27.00 (sale, regular price $29.94)           Old Navy (oldnavy.gap.com)





Outfit #4

Lace Inset Elastic Waist Dress in Desire Red                  $69.90                 Express (express.com)

No comments: