Friday, June 9, 2017

Pride Month: Day #9: Asami Sato and Avatar Korra (The Legend of Korra)

I recently received an e-mail about my Pride Month challenge at first I thought it was going to be something mean or negative but it was a short message that simply stated "thank you for doing this". That was so nice because all I was doing was posting about some of my favorite characters, shows, etc. for Pride Month. Representation really does matter as well as showing support for the LGBTQ+ community.

Fans had been shipping a romance between Avatar Korra and Asami Sato long before it was confirmed in the finale season of The Legend of Korra. I will be honest, I was totally surprised by the reveal although it did seem as if there were a few clues pertaining to this romance. And after rewatching the animated series, I saw the moments in the third and fourth seasons that cemented the change in their relationship. They were friends but there was something just at the border that made me wonder if there was something more.

Korra and Asami are two of my favorite characters and also one of my favorite couples. With the ending of the animated series marking the beginning of their relationship. Fans wanted to know more and thankfully, the series will continue in an upcoming comic book series which I'm really looking forward to reading.


Artwork: Korra and Asami - Just the Two of Us by Artipelago

No comments: