Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Book Nerd Problems: People Tearing Pages from Reference Books

A Book Nerd Problem that truly annoy me is when someone rips out the pages of a book especially if it's a reference book. Since not every bit of information can be found online sometimes you have to go to the library. And after searching through the reference books and finally finding the book you were looking for only to find out that the pages with the information you need have been torn out. Is so annoying.

I don't know how many times that happened to me while I was in college but it was enough times that it was really irritating. Because not only did I not get the information I was looking for, I had to let one of the librarians know about the damaged book so they can reorder it, if possible. Because sometimes really old books can't be reordered.

Anyway, it's so infuriating which is why I can totally relate to Mason Hewitt's expression in Teen Wolf's 5th season 11th episode "The Last Chimera". In that scene, Mason was left speechless after his best friend Liam Dunbar tore a page from a reference book before they left their high school library. The look on his face pretty much conveyed that he couldn't believe Liam would do such a horrible thing. He actually stood there for a few seconds not saying anything as he tried to process what just happened.

Mason is one of my favorite characters but the fact that he's definitely a book nerd who can appreciate leaving reference books intact pretty much keeps him at the top of my list.

(Teen Wolf season 5 episode 11: The Last Chimera)

No comments: