Sunday, March 11, 2018

Book Girl Thoughts: A Bookstore I Used To Go To

I love this picture, it reminds of a used bookstore I used to go to when I was in college. It was small with books nearly everywhere you turned, from the crammed bookcases to piles of books on the floor and the counter. I liked that the owners of the store never pestered anyone or asked a million questions. They just left the customer alone to roam the store completely absorbed in the act of searching for books.

Back then I didn't have a lot of time for personal reading but whenever I had a spare moment, I would go to the bookstore. It was wonderful spending time searching through the shelves to see what I could find. Sometimes I found something good like a Nancy Drew book in excellent condition while others times I would leave the store empty handed. But I didn't mind, it never felt like a waste of time. I simply enjoyed walking around the store looking through the books.

I've never found another used bookstore like that one but I like to think I will one day.

No comments: