Friday, April 20, 2018

Fandom Friday: Girls' Night Out (The New Batman Adventures Animated Series)


Happy Friday!

I wanted to create a new column for my blog, Fandom Friday where I can post anything on my mind that's fandom related. The first post goes to an episode of The New Batman Adventures animated series.

Batman: The Animated Series and the follow up series The New Batman Adventures are pretty much considered to be a classic and there are so many episodes that are my favorite to watch. But there is one episode I wish had turned into a spin off series. Girls' Night Out was the 7th episode from the revamped The New Batman Adventures and this episode had Batgirl and Supergirl (who was from the Superman: The Animated Series) teaming up to stop Livewire who teamed up with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. The deadly trio were terrorizing Gotham city and it had these two heroes to have to come up with a plan in order to put a stop to their crimes.

It was a fun action-packed crossover between the two animated series. This episode was great, it was all girl power, heroes vs. villains. This was the beginnings of a friendship between these two which I wished carried over to the Justice League/JL Unlimited animated series. On JL/JLU, I always felt like Kara could have benefited from having Barbara show up every now and then on a few episodes.

I was a kid when I watched Girls' Night Out, I still remember geeking out when I saw it because it's not like when Batgirl teamed up with Catwoman in the finale episode of Batman: The Animated Series, this episode had the female version of The World's Finest in one episode. I really wished this episode had turned into a spin off series for Batgirl and Supergirl, it would have been so cool because both would have been the main characters instead of the supportive characters they were on their respective animated series.

No comments: