Wednesday, January 9, 2019

DVD Pick: Beauty and the Beast: The Complete Series

I have never seen this 1980's Beauty and the Beast TV series that starred Linda Hamilton as Catherine Chandler and Ron Perlman as Vincent. The show ran for three seasons (56 episodes) from 1987 to 1990 and the only reason I found out about it was that I recently saw that The CW's Beauty and the Beast TV series (which I love and it's still one of my favorite shows) was loosely based on the 80's version.

In fact I had no idea the original series even existed until I found out about that little bit of information. Since, I'm always looking for new (or new to me) TV series or movies I decided to get it so I can watch it.

Once I watch it, I will be see if there are any more similarities between the original series and the reboot besides the main characters names.

Beauty and the Beast: The Complete Series


Description:

Once upon a time is now and forever: Beauty and the Beast, the Emmy Award-winning, fan favorite show is more captivating than ever with The Complete Series. This unique fantasy-crime drama series features the adventures and romance between Vincent (Ron Perlman), a mythic, noble man-beast and Catherine (Linda Hamilton), a savvy assistant DA in New York. These two share a strong, mystical bond that enables Vincent while in his underground lair to sense whenever Catherine is in danger in the World Above.

No comments: