Sunday, April 14, 2019

Disney's Live-Action "Beauty and the Beast" Movie Deserves More Appreciation

Even though I'm not a big fan of live-action versions of animated movies (especially when the original is so amazing), I really enjoyed watching the 2017 live-action Beauty and the Beast movie. I thought it was just as magical and charming as the original movie and I don't think it received enough praise or appreciation.

This is a wonderful movie, from the spectacular sets and costumes to the amazing cast. I thought Emma Watson was fantastic as Belle. The character is such an inspiration because even when the people in Belle's small town thought she was weird for her desire to read and learn new things, she doesn't change who she is to fit in. I also love that she spoke her mind and that she stood up to the arrogant Gaston as well as stood up for her father when he was imprisoned by the Beast. She also stood up to the Beast which had him rethinking his terrible behavior and changing into a better person.

I love that we have two wonderfully enchanting versions of Beauty and the Beast, I just wish the live-action version would get a bit a more love from fans.

No comments: