Friday, June 19, 2020

Fandom Friday: What Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Character Should get a Book or Comic Book?

A Star Wars sequel trilogy character I think should get a book or comic book series is Finn. I wrote something similar about this before for another Fandom Friday. But after seeing someone ask this question online today, I knew I had to answer it again on my blog.

There is so much about his character that hasn't been explored and a book or comic book would be a great way to continue his story. Finn is one of my favorite characters from the Disney Star Wars trilogy. But he was so underutilized and his story went absolutely no where after The Force Awakens. As much as I love Rey Palpatine (yes, I call her by that name, I'll post why at another time), I wish Finn had been the Jedi. He had such an interesting story of being a child who had been taken by the First Order brainwashed and trained to be a Stormtrooper. He overcame his conditioning and joined the heroes of the Resistance. And if that wasn't already interesting, can you imagine how it would have been if he had found out that he was a Jedi as well. That would have been so cool to see.

I feel like with Rey, I've seen her story before with Anakin and Luke Skywalker. It didn't feel new or different because like Anakin and Luke, she was from a desert planet and similar to Luke she later found out she was related to someone evil. But if Finn was the Jedi, it would have been something different and not something that was rehashed like with Rey.

I keep hoping he will get a book or comic book series and I will keep pushing for it and answering this question every time I see or hear it being asked. I really want to see Finn continue with his hero's journey as a General of the Resistance and also becoming a Jedi. I do like that The Rise of Skywalker showed scenes where he was very much in tune with the Force and could sense things happening. I just want to see that continue.

No comments: