Sunday, January 26, 2020

DVD Pick: Hetty Wainthropp Investigates

I love finding new and old shows to watch for instance I just found Hetty Wainthropp Investigates. I had no idea this show even existed, it's a mystery series that aired for four seasons during the late 90s. It stars Patricia Routledge as Private Investigator Henrietta "Hetty" Wainthropp and Dominic Monaghan as her assistant Geoffrey Shawcross.

For anyone unfamiliar with Routledge, check out the 90s comedy series Keeping Up Appearances, she was fantastic as the snobbish high society wannabe Hyacinth Bucket. Meanwhile, Monaghan was recently in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker as supporting character historian Beaumont Kin and not to mention he was perfectly cast as the annoying yet adorable Hobbit Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck in The Lord of the Rings movies.

I'm going to start watching this tomorrow and I was wondering if I should review each episode (there's 27) or write something for each season. Either way, I'll post my thoughts on Hetty Wainthropp and I hope it'll be interesting watching a new (or new to me) mystery series.

No comments: