Wednesday, February 5, 2020

DVD Pick: Corvette Summer

I know there are so many old movies I've never heard of which is why I love finding them. I recently bought Corvette Summer and the two reasons I got it is because first, I truly had no idea that Mark Hamill and Annie Potts had starred in a movie together. Second, the trailer makes it seem like the movie will be a fun and wacky romantic action comedy. Whether that's true or not, I won't know until I watch it.

According to a little research, this movie which was released in 1978 is considered a cult classic and it was Annie Potts' first big screen role. While it was Mark Hamill's next role after Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. If I have some extra time, I'll watch this tomorrow and post a review.

What old movies have you recently found?


Corvette Summer


Description:

A cherry Corvette Stingray. A gorgeous girl. And a summer in glittery Las Vegas. What more does a guy need for the wildest, weirdest, funniest, freakiest time of his life?

Mark Hamill and Annie Potts make comedic and romantic sparks fly in a revved-up tale of car-brained Kenny (Hamill), who trails a Corvette that's mysteriously boosted after his high-school shop class restores it to perfection. The trail leads to Fun Capital, USA, and a ditzy diversion (Potts) whose dream is to become...a hooker? This damsel in distress needs a white knight on a candy-apple, metal-flake, superior-mags, mercury-tubes steed - right, Kenny? Both are in for a summer they'll never forget.

No comments: