Tuesday, February 25, 2020

DVD Pick: Down With Love

I recently bought one of my favorite Renée Zellweger movies, Down With Love. I haven't watched this movie is a long time, so as soon as I saw it at the store, I immediately grabbed it. I always thought it perfectly captured the magic of those Old Hollywood romantic comedies such as the ones that starred Doris Day.

Down With Love is such a wonderfully charming and romantic movie that it feels like an underrated gem. Not to be overlooked is the gorgeous wardrobe and the chic decor, this movie is an absolute style inspiration. Besides the style, glamour and romance, I love that Barbara Novak wrote a book that encouraged women to not except the sexist mistreatment of the era and to go after a more fulfilling life. I can't wait to rewatch Down With Love, this is a good movie and I truly recommend it.


Description:

It's 1962, and feminist Barbara Novak (Renée Zellweger) pens a best-selling book that details the drawbacks of love. She encourages women to forgo serious relationships with men in favor of independence, workplace achievements and satisfying sex. Despite her success, many men are taken aback by her progressive views, including slick writer Catcher Block (Ewan McGregor), who decides to expose Barbara as a fraud by making her fall in love with him. However, his plan has unexpected consequences.

No comments: