Friday, February 5, 2021

Fandom Friday: Fandom Questions

It's Friday! What would you like to talk about for Fandom Friday? I answered a few questions that have been going through my mind lately. Feel free to include your answers or ask any Fandom questions you might have.

What new shows have you been watching?

A new show that I've been watching and really enjoying is Call Me Kat. It's stars Mayim Bialik as Kat, a single 39 year old woman, who opened a cat café. So besides Kat trying to make her café a success, she's dealing with her mother Shelia's (Swoosie Kurtz) constant disapproval about her life. And in between that, Kat's hanging out with her friends/co-workers Phil (Leslie Jordan), the head baker at the café and Randi (Kyla Pratt), a waitress at the café and getting reacquainted with an old college friend/love interest Max (Cheyenne Jackson). This show is so quirky and funny and I hope it'll get picked up for a full season and renewed for a second one. If you haven't watched the show and want to, Call Me Kat airs Thursdays at 9:00 PM EST on FOX.




What show do you wish received more attention?

For me, it's Black Lightning. I don't know why this show doesn't receive more attention from fans especially since it's a really good show. As a fan and a reviewer, I need to get better at writing about shows that I like because if no one else is going to write about them, then I certainly will. Black Lightning's fourth and final season returns Monday, February 8th 9:00 PM EST on The CW. 




Do you think Disney will continue the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy in books?


I think there are more stories to tell which is why I hope the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy will continue on in books. I've written before how I think Finn as well as Jannah should get a book or two to continue their stories. I also think Rey should get a book because I want to know how she's dealing with being the granddaughter of Emperor Sheev Palpatine and if she's starting to struggle with hiding that information from her friends. I feel like The Rise of Skywalker sort of glossed over her reaction after her talk with Force Ghost Luke Skywalker and I think she would need more time to really deal with her feelings about Emperor Palpatine who was the biggest villain in the galaxy. Rey finding out she's related to him should have been a bigger moment instead it felt like an after thought.

I feel like if the Sequel Trilogy continued in books, we could see how Rey continues her journey as a new Jedi and possibly finding other Force Sensitive beings and training them. I also want to know how Finn's Jedi training is going and how he will balance that with being a general in the Resistance. I just feel like there are so many stories that the books could focus on, I really would like the sequel trilogy to continue in books.

No comments: