Friday, May 21, 2021

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #5


It's Friday, what fandom thoughts are on your mind?

- I'm happy that some of my favorite shows (9-1-1, 9-1-1: Lone Star and Call Me Kat) were renewed at FOX but I'm disappointed that Prodigal Son was cancelled. That show was so amazingly twisted and I don't understand why it wasn't renewed. There was no other show like it on FOX and it feels like a misstep to have cancelled the series after two seasons.




- I finally got around to watching Superman & Lois on The CW and despite a somber and dreary feel to the show, it's not bad. It's a little slow moving at times but generally a good show that I really like it, so far. I found that most of the time, the characters feel lost and unhappy which I feel is contributed to the series being set in Smallville which removed Lois, Clark and their teen sons Jonathan and Jordan from the life the were living in Metropolis. I wish this show had left the family in Metropolis instead of moving them to Clark's small hometown. It just feels a little redundant since the last Superman show, Smallville was set in the titular town.




- I can't believe it's the 41st anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. This movie had the heroes having a lot bad luck thrown their way but it made for an interesting movie. I wonder when the movie was originally in theaters how the audience experienced the unexpected twist. I can still remember my reaction when I saw this movie on TV when I was a kid, I was so shocked which I'm sure was the intended purpose.

No comments: