Thursday, May 13, 2021

Nesting: Do you think 9-1-1's Eddie Diaz will ever use his Hildy Coffee Maker?

I was wondering about the Hildy Coffee Maker Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz received as a "prank gift" from his best friend Evan "Buck" Buckley in the 9-1-1 episode Future Tense (season 4 episode 3). And I wonder if he will ever use it?

Earlier in the episode, when Buck and Eddie were on an emergency call in a Hildy powered Smart House, Eddie had mentioned that he thought about getting a new fancy coffee maker. I guess Buck (and Eddie's son Christopher) thought the high-tech Hildy Coffee Maker was something Eddie wouldn't buy for himself. So, Buck bought it for him as a gift disguised as a prank.

Although, Eddie doesn't seem to have a problem with most technology (since he has a smart phone, computer, video game system and most likely a smart TV) but for some reason he was slowly becoming anti-Hildy or more like scared of Hildy. I think the idea of targeted online advertising was freaking him out because no matter where he went online he was being targeted with ads for coffee makers.


I do wonder how expensive that Hildy Coffee Maker was since it's a voice controlled self-making coffee maker that also makes espresso? It just seems like a pretty expensive prank. I noticed that in later episodes such as Breaking Point, that whenever Eddie's kitchen was shown, the Hildy Coffee Maker is no where to be seen. I guess Eddie still hasn't gotten around to using it and I wonder if he ever will? He probably still has it boxed up and stored in a closet, afraid to use it. In the Future Tense episode, Eddie had said several times that his old coffee maker was still good and he was only thinking about getting a new one. And that's the one he's still using which in Breaking Point was sitting on his kitchen counter.

I guess my question is, do you think Eddie will ever use his Hildy Coffee Maker?

(Eddie and Christopher    9-1-1 season 4 episode 8: Breaking Point)

No comments: