Tuesday, May 25, 2021

What did you think of the 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star season finales?


I wanted to write a quick write up of my opinion to the season finales for 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star. I hate to admit I was disappointed with the 9-1-1 fourth season finale, it had been described as being so unexpected. However, everything about this episode was expected. From Eddie Diaz and Captain Bobby Nash not dying to Albert Han becoming a first responder, it was too easy to figure out everything that was going to happen. The writing for 9-1-1 has become so predictable. Meanwhile, I loved the second season finale for 9-1-1: Lone Star, from the dust storm to the 126 station possibly closing, that was fantastic. In my opinion the entire Lone Star series has surpassed the original 9-1-1 series and it's quickly becoming my favorite show. And that's mainly because of the amazing writing. I feel like the writing for Lone Star is allowed to take more risks and chances giving the viewer a more satisfying show.

I find myself enjoying Lone Star so much more because the show hasn't lost the art of suspense and keeps you guessing as to what's going to happen. Sadly, 9-1-1 is really playing it too safe and the show is starting to feel stale and repetitive. The earlier seasons really took chances while these later seasons the writing feels like it coasting along in hopes of not losing any viewers. I do hope the writing will improve for the upcoming fifth season because it's not very challenging. And if it continues like this, I may have to pass on watching 9-1-1 which is too bad because it's a show I've grown to love. It's a good show that unfortunately is suffering from bland writing at the moment.

Until then, I'm really looking forward to Lone Star's upcoming third season because I have to see what's going to happen to the team and their station. I really love these characters, they're quirky and fun but smart and try their best to deal with whatever situation they find themselves in. I loved how everyone was there for Captain Tommy Vega and her twin daughters, it really hits home that the 126 truly are a family. I really love this show.

What did you think of the 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star season finales?

No comments: