Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Entertainment News #1: A Quiet Place II, iCarly, Jane Austen



- I read that A Quiet Place Part II did great in theatres earning $57 million at the box office over the Memorial Day weekend. I guess this means people are eager to get back to watching movies in the theatre. As much as I love watching movies, I'm still not too keen on sitting in a theatre but I do want to see this movie because it does look very good. For now, I will have to wait until it's out on DVD/Blu-ray. For anyone who hasn't seen the trailer, I posted it below.

A Quiet Place Part II

Description:

Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path.




- I'm not really a fan of constant reboots and revivals but the trailer for the new iCarly still has that same feel of the original series. The show will be available on the Paramount+ streaming service and you will be able to watch the first three episodes on June 17th. So that's something for iCarly fans to look forward to, below is the teaser trailer, love to know what you think of it.




- Not to be forgotten but the new Loki TV miniseries will premiere Wednesday, June 9th on Disney+ with new episodes released every Wednesday. I have no idea what this show is really about but I'm sure every episode will be very zany.


- Dakota Johnson and Henry Golding are going to star in a Netflix adaptation of the Jane Austen novel Persuasion. It's going to be a modern-day remake of the novel, that seems like an interesting take on the story. So far there is no information on when it will premiere.


- A few noteable birthdays for June 1st: Tom Holland (25), Sylivia Hoeks (38), Amy Schumer (40), Paul Schrier (51), Teri Polo (52), Mark Curry (60) and Morgan Freeman (84)

No comments: