Friday, December 31, 2021

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #16: Betty White, Moose and Charlie's Angels


Happy New Year's Eve, I can't believe it's less than hour until it 2022. Before the year ends, I wanted to know what are some of your fandom thoughts?

- It's definitely sad to hear of about the death of Betty White. She was an icon, a pioneer, a humanitarian and a advocate. She had the longest running career in TV and was the first woman to ever produce a sitcom. She was nominated for 21 Emmy nominations across 10 different shows. Over the years, I've watched so many shows that she had appeared in: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Mama's Family, Golden Girls, Hot in Cleveland, an episode of My Name is Earl, and one of my favorite movies Lake Placid, she really was one of the best. Rest in Peace, Betty White.






- A while back, I mentioned how I wished Moose from the Step Up movies had gotten a chance to be a lead in one of the movies. However, I've recently rewatched Step Up 3 and I noticed how much the story focused on Moose and how he was trying to balance going to college and secretly dancing in a street dancing competition. I guess I overlooked that when I had previously watched the movie. Although, I still wish Moose had got a chance to be a lead in a Step Up movie but the third movie was probably the closest he got to leading one of the movies.

(Moose      Step Up 3)





- I would love if another Charlie's Angels movie was made and I would love if Kerry Washington, Amy Adams and Gal Gadot were cast as the Angels. I think it would be so cool if the movie had the same feel as the 70s TV series where the ladies were simply detectives solving cases. I think what kind of annoyed me about the early 2000s and most recent movies was that the Angels were seen as unstoppable experts who can do anything while in the original TV series, the Angels were former police officers and a model who had become private detectives. I'm sure Charlie's Angels will be rebooted again either as another TV series although the last one in 2011 didn't fare to well, since it was cancelled or with another movie. I just hope that if it is that the writers will take more inspiration from the original TV series.

No comments: