Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year's Eve! (+ Geeky Holiday List)

As I look back at 2021, it's easy to see that this was not a good reading and reviewing year for me. My focus and concentration were just not there. Which is why I'm looking forward to 2022, I'm hoping it will be a much better year for me to stay focused. I want a fresh start and I'm hoping to read and review more books especially compared to 2021 where I only reviewed six books. That is by far the lowest number of books that I've every read.

Something else I want to give a fresh start to are my three book clubs: The Book Girl's Book Club, Comic Book Club and Star Wars Book Club. So, on January 1st, I will be restarting my book club, I think it will be a good way to re-center my focus on reading. I already have the books picked out and I can't wait to share them with you.

But for now, today is all about remembering 2021 and celebrating everyone ringing in a new year. Happy New Year's Eve!

Below is a list of shows and a movie you can watch to celebrate. And if you're looking for more shows and movies, here's a link to my 2019 NYE post.




Arthur


Season 1 episode 30: 1) Arthur's First Sleepover 2) Arthur's New Year's Eve

Description:

1) Arthur sets his tent up for a sleepover and DW plays a trick on him. 2) Arthur is determined to stay up late and find out exactly what happens at midnight on New Year's Eve.





Eve


Season 2 episode 10: Dateless in Miami

Description:

Shelley breaks the "no dates" rule and invites her new boyfriend to the New Year's Eve party, and everyone swaps stories about past dates.





Everybody Hates Chris


Season 4 episode 10: Everybody Hates New Year's Eve

Description:

While Chris tries to find a way to get to Times Square for New Year's Eve, Julius becomes a hero after he talks a jumper down from the George Washington Bridge.





Fear Itself


Season 1 episode 6: New Year's Day

Description:

A young woman awakens in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies.





Futurama


Season 1 episode 1: Space Pilot 3000

Description:

A down-on-his-luck pizza delivery guy is accidentally frozen on New Year's Eve 1999, and wakes up in 2999.





Murdoch Mysteries


Season 5 episode 13: Twentieth Century Murdoch

Description:

As New Year's Eve and a new century approach, a seemingly unbalanced man who claims to have visited the future in a time machine prevents an accident and murder that he knew were going to happen.





The X-Files


Season 7 episode 4: Millennium

Description:

As the millennium draws to a close, former FBI agent Frank Black joins Mulder and Scully in a race to stop the apocalypse.





Movie

A New Year's Resolution (Hallmark)


Description:

When a morning show producer makes a New Year's resolution to say yes more, she crosses paths with a confirmed Yes man who just might hold the key to her biggest story and to her heart.

No comments: