Monday, February 21, 2022

Teaser Trailer for 9-1-1's second half of the fifth season

I guess 9-1-1 Mondays continues with the teaser trailer for the second half of the fifth season of 9-1-1. This trailer makes the upcoming second half look good but so did the trailer for the first half which ended up being terrible. So here's hoping the writing for the last eight episodes of the season will actually be good. Because the first half truly suffered from bad writing. I guess as long as the writers actually have a plan and don't continue focusing so much screen time on so many recurring characters instead of on the main cast then hopefully this will be a good remainder of the season.

I'm happy to see Howard "Chimney" Han and Maddie Buckley back and it looks like Maddie will continue to struggle with her Postpartum Depression. It's good to see Chim back on the job as well as the calls look a lot more interesting than what was shown in the first half of the season. I can't wait to see Henrietta "Hen" Wilson and Chim back as partners again. It's a little bittersweet that Evan "Buck" Buckley and Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz are no longer partners anymore. I really hope it's not a permanent change.

As much as I'm happy that Eddie is thinking of his son Christopher and taking a less dangerous job as possibly a 9-1-1 dispatcher (is he really a dispatcher since he's wearing a firefighter uniform?), I'm kind of on the fence about it. Because I still hope Eddie will eventually go back to being a firefighter, it was something he really enjoyed doing. However, I understand his son's mental health along with his own is very important and if he needed to change careers to ensure his safety then it's understandable. However, I still feel like Eddie keeps making decisions without thinking them through and I hope that at some point both him and his son will get some therapy because they both need it. I'm going to miss Buck and Eddie being partners and I hope the writers don't use Eddie's new job as a reason to distance them and they end up barely interacting or sharing any screen time. I really hope to see Eddie and Buck (as well as with Chris) hanging out together like they used to in previous seasons. Eddie and Buck have a connection that really works, be it friendship or possibly romantic.

However the remainder of the season unfolds, I do hope it will be good.

No comments: