Friday, April 22, 2022

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom 9-1-1 Thoughts #1


Happy Friday!

9-1-1 has quickly become one of my favorite shows and I thought I would devote this Fandon Friday to it with some of my random fandom thoughts. Do you have any 9-1-1 fandom thoughts about the show? If so, what are some of yours?


- I was thinking about the possible break up between firefighter Evan "Buck" Buckley and TV Reporter Taylor Kelly and how it might happen. I think it'll happen with Taylor who is so set on interviewing firefighter Lucy Donato, who by the way is the "random woman" that Buck told her he kissed, is at the 118 fire station early for the interview when she overheard someone mentioning that Buck and Lucy had kissed at the bar. This will probably lead to Taylor being mad at Buck for not telling her the truth especially since when they were making up they made a point of agreeing to be truthful with the point of stating "no more lies".

However, Buck wasn't completely truthful in regards to who he kissed, it wasn't some random woman it was his co-worker and this will probably result in her breaking up with him. I really wish the writers had come up with another way that would have lead to Buck and Taylor's terrible relationship ending instead of having him cheat on her and then lying about it as the reason instead of Buck realizing for himself that this relationship just doesn't work.

The upcoming 17th episode Hero Complex is going to be the third time this fifth season alluding to Buck and Taylor breaking up. Three times in one season is a lot of times to be hinting at a possible break up and hopefully this third time will actually go through with it. These two just don't work and the writers have been dragging out this dying relationship and hopefully this will finally be the end of it.

(Taylor and Buck         9-1-1 season 4 episode 8: Breaking Point)





- I see a lot of fans wondering and questioning if Buck and firefighter Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz will ever become canon? I would love for Buck and Eddie to be in a romantic relationship. And to me, the way the show is being written, it's already perfectly set up for them to eventually be together. However, the dismissive way the showrunners Tim Minear and Kristen Riedel have spoken in interviews I don't think they will ever put them together even if they are continuously written as each others perfect match. Unless the show gets new more open-minded showrunners who can see the brilliant potential of a relationship between Eddie and Buck, I doubt it will happen unless Minear and Riedel are forced to do it because the fan response for Buck and Eddie is too strong for them to continue to ignore.

I would love to be proven wrong and that they are secretly creating the perfect storyline that will have Buck and Eddie end up together. I would happily admit I was wrong but for now I try not to get my hopes up when dealing with outdated thinking for shows. Because there's no reason that Eddie and Buck shouldn't date, they have such amazing chemistry and have built an equally amazing bond that's more than platonic. And not to mention Eddie, his son Christopher and Buck have created a wonderful family. 

(Buck and Eddie         9-1-1 season 5 episode 14: Dumb Luck)





- I hope at some point we will get a backstory for Dr. Karen Wilson or at least more screentime for her. I also hope that she will become a main character again because with her currently being a recurring character the writers won't focus on anything besides her being the wife of Henrietta "Hen" Wilson and the mother of their son Denny. There is so much more to her than that. She's a scientist, you can't tell me the writers can't create an interesting science based emergency and her knowledge and expertise could be used to help the firefighters. I just don't understand why they wouldn't want to showcase Karen more.

(Dr. Karen Wilson         9-1-1 season 4 episode 10: Parenthood)





- I do wonder if May Grant will eventually go to college since she was supposed to be taking a gap year before going to school. Unless she's decided that she really prefers being a 9-1-1 Dispatcher instead. I know that May is very smart but she doesn't have to go to college if it's something that no longer interest her. I would like to know what future storyline might be in store for her.

(May Grant         9-1-1 season 5 episode 8: Defend in Place)

No comments: