Friday, April 29, 2022

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #23: Batwoman and Buck and Taylor


It's Friday, what fandom thoughts are on your mind?

- I can't believe The CW cancelled Batwoman, it's such a good show. From now on whenever I like a show that I watch, I'm going to make sure I write something about it or review the episodes regularly. It's so disappointing when good shows get cancelled. I really wish more viewers had given it a chance or another chance after the first season. I know some viewers didn't like the first season but when the show introduced Ryan Wilder as the new Batwoman for the second season, it truly felt like a new show. And the third season was even better than the second, this show kept getting better and better. I doubt it will happen but I would love if another network or channel would pick it up.

It's being reported that The CW also cancelled Legends of Tomorrow. Despite getting behind on watching the show, it was still really good. It's sad to see both of these DC Comics shows being cancelled.






- I can't help wondering if Evan "Buck" Buckley actually knows his girlfriend Taylor Kelly's real last name? Because near the end of the fifth season 9th episode Past is Prologue, Buck said to her "Taylor Kelly. I guess now I know all your secrets" and she responded by saying "Actually...Kelly is my middle name".

As the viewer, we already knew from the article "Local Doctor Proclaims Innocence after Murder Conviction" that Taylor was reading at the end of the fifth season 7th episode Ghost Stories that the doctor's name (who is her father) was Dr. Patrick Martin. Which means that Taylor's last name is Martin and weirdly enough, Martin is the same last name as Buck's previous ex-girlfriend Ali Martin. I know Martin is a common surname but I can't believe the show's writers would give Buck two girlfriends who have the same last name even if one doesn't use hers professionally.

Since it's been shown countless times that in this relationship these two don't really communicate very well. Which is why I highly doubt Buck knows Taylor's last name, let alone that it's Martin. It makes me wonder how can you be in a relationship with someone and not even know their last name. I really hope this hinted at upcoming break up finally happens because the writers have been dragging out this lackluster relationship all season and I can't wait for it to be over. Both of them deserve to be with someone who they truly love and that person truly loves them. And they are not going to get that from each other. Especially not with Buck having cheated on her and not telling her the complete truth about it and Taylor living in some sort of denial about the state of their relationship. This relationship really needs to end and hopefully soon.

(Buck and Taylor        9-1-1 season 5 episode 9: Past is Prologue)

No comments: