Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Geek on a Budget: Don't Buy Something Just Because It's On Sale

We're all trying to save money especially when shopping but one thing you shouldn't do is to fall for every sale. Just because you see something on sale or on clearance doesn't mean you should buy it. You should only buy something because you actually like it, the bonus would be that it's on sale or clearance.

For instance, I was shopping a few days ago and spotted what I thought was a cute top but once I tried it on and really looked at it, it was okay-ish. I also realized that I couldn't think of anything I owned that would go with it. That meant I'd have to try to find something that would go with a top that didn't really look as good, all because it was on sale. Yeah, it wasn't worth it. So, I put it back on the hanger and returned it to the rack.

Again, just because something is on sale doesn't mean you should buy it. Especially, if you start trying to justify reasons as to why you should buy it. Going that route will have you ending up with so many things you really don't like simply because it was on sale.

No comments: