Saturday, September 24, 2022

What books have been on your TBR List for a long time?

Well, I couldn't be happier that it's the weekend, this week has been busy. I just want to curl up on the sofa and read or watch a few shows and movies. And speaking of reading, I was looking over my ever growing TBR (To Be Read) List and I was wondering what are some books that have been on your list for a long time?

Since, I have my books listed on a spreadsheet (now, don't laugh, it makes it easy to keep track of all of my books) I just looked at the beginning of my list and saw these four books: Night of the Living Dandelion by Kate Collins, Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders, Huntress: Year One and Sentenced to Death by Lorna Barrett that have been on my list for a long time and I still haven't read them.

I do have an excuse for not reading Night of the Living Dandelion and Sentenced to Death and that because they are the 11th and 5th books in each of the series which I didn't realize when I had originally bought those books. And since I want to read the two series from the beginning, although I still haven't gotten around to buying the first books, so I just sort of forgot about these books. As for the other two books Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders and Huntress: Year One, I don't have any excuse I just haven't gotten around to reading them.


Book: Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery #11) by Kate Collins

Description:

Flower shop owner Abby Knight does not believe rumors that Vlad Serban, friend and employee of Abby's fiancé Marco, is a vampire. But how to explain that Vlad is from Romania, has prominent canines, likes bizarre plants such as bloodwort and Dracula orchid, and dresses entirely in black?

When a local woman is found dead, her body drained of blood, the stakes become life and death. With Vlad the #1 suspect, Abby and Marco race to find the real killer, before Vlad's life really starts to suck.






Book: Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders (Teen Titans issues #24-26 and Outsiders issues #24-25, and 28) by Geoff Johns and Judd Winick with illustrations by Matthew Clark and Carlos D'anda

Description:

When Nightwing and Speedy figure out there's a traitor in their midst, secrets come to the fore, including Superboy's ultimate corruption by his genetic father, Lex Luthor!






Book: Huntress: Year One by Ivory Madison and illustration by Cliff Richards

Description:

As the last survivor of a crime family eliminated by bloody rivalries among the mobs of Gotham City, the orphaned Helena Bertinelli grew into the mysterious vigilante known as the Huntress.

New writer Ivory Madison shines a light on the dark underbelly of the mob world spanning from Gotham to Sicily, exploring exactly what led Helena away from a life in the Cosa Nostra criminal society and set her on a path of vigilantism. Also, find out more about Batman's first meeting with the fledgling female crime-fighter and why, to this day, they struggle to see eye-to-eye.






Book: Sentenced to Death (Booktown Mystery #5) by Lorna Barrett

Description:

As the owner of Stoneham, New Hampshire's mystery bookstore Haven't Got a Clue, Tricia Miles can figure out whodunit in the latest bestseller way before she gets to the last page. But these days, Tricia is using her sleuthing skills for much more than the books on her shelves . . .

It’s Founders' Day in Stoneham and the whole village has turned out to celebrate in the square, including Tricia’s friend and festivities organizer Deborah Black. As everyone watches Deborah give the opening speech, a small aircraft crashes into the village gazebo, killing both Deborah and the pilot. While the Sheriff’s Department is convinced that it was an accident, Tricia has a feeling that there’s more to the story. And when she reads between the lines of the case, what she finds is worse than the most sinister whodunit.

No comments: