Sunday, November 6, 2022

Organizing Tip: How to Keep your Bedroom Chair Free of Clutter

Happy Sunday!

I want to start posting more cleaning and organizing tips. Like so many of you, I'm not super organized or a neat freak, I have to make an effort to keep my place clean and organized especially since where I live is small.

An organizing issue I have been dealing with is my reading chair in my bedroom that's filled with piles of clothes and other stuff. Well, I've dealt with this issue several times, I put that chair in my bedroom so that I could read, however, my stuff has sat in that chair more than me. It's usually just clothes that I've either worn but didn't put away or clothes I thought about wearing but also didn't put away.

The growing pile of discarded clothes on my chair was making not only my bedroom feel stressful but also myself every time I looked at it. I have a small bedroom so I have to make sure to keep everything organized or it wouldn't take long before it's cluttered up with stuff. Which is why I was feeling guilty that I had all this clutter (that was growing daily) and that I wasn't able to use my chair to actually sit down and read. I would say that my cluttered chair is one of a factors in my reading slump because it's one of the excuses I've used for why I'm not reading.

Well, not any more. Because recently, I came up with a quick solution to finally keeping the stuff out of my chair. I bought one of those tiered shoe racks to put all my clothes on until I can put them back in the closet or dresser. I make sure to fold and store anything that's clean and put anything dirty in my laundry basket.

So far it's working but it's only been a few days. I've been giving myself a deadline to put my stuff away so that my clothes aren't sitting on the rack for days and weeks. Since this is a new storage system I'm testing out, I'm giving myself plenty of time to get used to keeping my chair free from stuff. It's been stated that it takes about 21-30 days for a new habit to form, so, I'm still in the new habit forming stage of getting organized. After 30 days I'll write an update to see how this is going.

If you're dealing with the same issue, feel free to use this shoe rack storage tip and if you have a larger bedroom you could probably use one of those freestanding rack or valet stand to hang or place your clothes on.

No comments: