Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Entertainment News #28: Red, White & Royal Blue Movie


Happy Tuesday! Here's a little Entertainment News:

I'm so happy that Red, White & Royal Blue did amazing, it's currently the #1 movie worldwide on Amazon Prime. I'm sure they hoped the movie would do well especially among the book nerds who read and loved the book and were looking forward to the release of the movie. But they probably never expected so many viewers (and not just from book nerds) to have watched this as well as rewatched it. And since the movie premiered last Friday (August 11th), it's definitely one of the most popular fandoms online.

I also wouldn't be surprised if sales for the book Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston increased from new fans wanting to read the story after seeing it. I'll be honest, although I haven't read the paperback copy that's sitting on my shelf (I will), I did recently buy the hardcover collector's edition on Saturday (August 12th). And I'm think of getting an official tote bag along with the movie tie-in cover (which I never do) of the book.

Anyway, back to the movie, fans loved it so much they have been asking for a sequel. Some are even asking for Red, White & Royal Blue to be turned into a trilogy. And not to mention they are also asking for the three hour director's cut version of the movie prior to editing that was mentioned by the movie director, Matthew López in an interview. As a big fan of romantic comedies, I have to say I really enjoyed the movie so much I wouldn't mind seeing either a sequel or the director's cut. But regardless, I'm happy with the movie that was released, it truly is a fun and romantic film.

No comments: