Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Wellness Wednesday: Eight Reasons to Exercise

Happy Wellness Wednesday!

I know on days when I feel tired the last thing I feel like doing is exercising. But that's exactly what I will do. Depending on how I feel, I will either do a light workout like going for a walk and stretching afterwards or do a little cardio and strength training or stretching exercises only.

What I like about exercising is that there is no one way to exercise, it's however you want it to be. Whether dancing, walking, surfing, skating, swimming, etc., whatever you're doing can be adapted to your skill level or mobility. There are a lot of good health benefits for exercising and below is a short list of reason for exercising.

A list of eight reasons to exercise:

- Can relieve stress and anxiety
- Keeps you healthy
- Can improve your sleep
- Can have a positive effect on your mental health
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Makes your body stronger
- It can help you reflect and center your thoughts
- Releases feel good endorphins

There are more reasons but these are the ones I thought of right now but the main thing is that exercising or movement is good for you. And it doesn't have to be anything too difficult or complex. And there is no one or perfect way to exercise, the only perfect exercise is whatever works for you.

No comments: