Monday, September 18, 2023

Motivation Monday: I need to move more

I know awhile back, I wrote about being sedentary and wanting to get in more movement. It's important to move more everyday. However, I realized yet again that my physical activity has declined. I can attribute some to our society in general becoming more sedentary. I'll be honest, I know I sit a lot especially in front of the computer working, lounging on the sofa reading books and watching shows and movies, sitting with family or friends sharing meals, etc. And even with my daily 30 minute walks, that's still a lot of time (i.e. hours) not getting in a lot of movement.

I don't want to continue that way. So, I'm going to start using some of the multitude of tips I've seen in order to motivate me to get in more movement. Below are a few simple things that I could do daily and weekly:

- Walk for five minutes every two hours.

- Actively doing my chores by putting in a good amount of effort while cleaning.

- For shows and episodes that I've already watched or rewatched, I'll get up and walk around or march in place during commercial breaks. Will also do this for shows that don't have commercials (streaming or DVD).

- Workout for 10-15 minutes while watching TV.

- Stretch more often.

- Using the stairs as often as possible.

- Do a few heel raises throughout the day.

- Stand or walk around when I'm on the phone.

- Do a set or two of standing push-ups against a door, wall or kitchen counter.

- Use weights and do a set of biceps curls and other exercises while watching TV.

- Put on music and dance.

- Do a set of stand-and-sit exercises throughout the week. To do the exercise, rise from a chair then lower as if to sit down then rise up again to complete one rep.

No comments: