Saturday, March 16, 2024

I have a question about Athena Grant in the 9-1-1 season seven premiere

I finally watched the 9-1-1 seventh season premiere episode Abandon Ships and it wasn't bad, a little slow moving in parts but not too bad. I do have a question, what was up with Athena Grant? I don't understand why she was going out of her way to avoid her husband Robert "Bobby" Nash while they were on this cruise trip. Bobby was trying so hard to connect with her but she kept avoiding him.

It's weird that she just kept making excuses as a way for not wanting to be around him. And I don't understand why? Athena is usually a straightforward and honest person, who totally speaks her mind, so I don't get this out of character storyline. I hope it will be answered in the rest of this three part opener. I kind of wish the opener was two episodes instead of three so the story wouldn't have to be stretched out.

I'll write more about the premiere later but I also want to say that this episode really emphasized that Edmundo "Eddie" and Christopher Diaz and Evan "Buck" Buckley are truly a family. Am I mistaken or did Buck sort of ask Eddie out on a date? Asking him to go go-karting in the desert sure seems like one? See this is why it's beyond time for the Showrunner and writers to finally make Buck and Eddie canon.

(9-1-1 season 7 episode 1: Abandon Ships)

No comments: