Thursday, March 21, 2024

Quote: Raymond Holt and Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

Captain Holt: A minute, Detective Diaz. What's going on with you and Marcus?

Rosa: What are you talking about?

Captain Holt: Your shoulders tightened when he said "baby." Your nostrils flared when I asked what was going on with the two of you. And you have saag paneer on your sleeve, which, given your aversion to Indian cuisine, suggests you let him choose the restaurant. Why would you do that?

Rosa: Kindness.

Captain Holt: Pity. You're about to break up with him.

Rosa: Damn, you are good.

Captain Holt: Mm-hmm.

Rosa: Things aren't working out. I don't want to talk about it.

Captain Holt: I regret the words we've already spoken. Listen, I know I probably shouldn't get involved, but Marcus is my nephew, and I hope you'll let him down gently.

Rosa: Don't worry. I don't want things to be awkward. I'm gonna send him a text while he's sleeping that says, "We're done."

Captain Holt: Clear. Accurate. But do you feel like it's enough?

Rosa: "We're done....good-bye?"

Captain Holt: Yes. That should do it.

Later in the episode:

Rosa: You wanted to see me?

Captain Holt: I told Kevin about how I approved of your strategy for breaking up with Marcus, and he said that we were quote "sociopaths" unquote.

Rosa: So you're gonna leave him?

Captain Holt: No, I think he may have a point. You might need to do more than simply text.

Rosa: A long, drawn-out breakup is just gonna end in a big scene and Marcus crying. He has so many emotions.

~ Raymond "Ray" Holt and Rosa Diaz, Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 3 episode 6: Into The Woods

I find it so interesting that both Captain Holt and Rosa don't like to express their emotions. And when they do it's just so unexpected, even to themselves. I agree with Ray's husband Kevin that this probably wasn't the best way for Rosa to end things with Marcus.

Edit to change: Ray to Captain Holt, I usually call the characters by their first or nickname but for some reason it just didn't seem right. Which is why I edited it.

(gif source: Dev (shivgirly))


Later:

(Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 3 episode 6: Into The Woods)

No comments: