Thursday, March 28, 2024

Trailer: Diarra from Detroit

By now I'm sure most of you who visit Book Girl know that I love mysteries. From books (cozy mysteries to thrillers) to shows and movies, I'm always looking for a good mystery. Aside from watching my usual procedurals, I also enjoy watching old mystery shows like the 1950's Sherlock Holmes to slightly older shows: Murder, She Wrote; Columbo, Elementary, Monk, Psych, White Collar, Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, etc. To new shows: Wild Cards, Only Murders in the Building, Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators, My Life is Murder, Based on a True Story, Palm Royale, etc. This is just a short list of shows that I watch or have watched because there are so many more.

I found another new show, Diarra from Detroit that I'm interested in watching. The show premiered last Thursday (March 21st) on the BET Plus streaming service. According to reports there will be eight episodes for the first season. The show centers around Diarra Brickland who believes her date had been abducted and plans to investigate. Especially since it doesn't seem as if the police or anyone else believes her. I do wonder where this mystery will lead Diarra and if she will find the truth about her missing date.


Diarra from Detroit (BET+)

Description:

The story follows Diarra Brickland, a schoolteacher going through a divorce refusing to believe she's been rejected by her Tinder date.

No comments: